23x31 Alvin Drafting Board with Parallel Bar PXB Model
The Alvin drafting board with parallel bar is the perfect drawing surface for those who need a drafting table but don’t have the space. A favorite among students, the portable PXB straightedge boards are easily carried creating a stable drawing surface in the classroom, library or wherever needed.
Portable Drafting Board Features Include:
- Shipped fully assembled, compact, and ready to use!
- Generously sized adjustment and brake knobs made from hard rubber are
located on both sides of straightedge for easy adjustment and secure
- straightedge blade has fine tune adjustment knobs on both sides to
adjust blade to paper.
- wire capture knobs under the board have built-in screw stops to prevent
the knobs from falling off accidentally.
- Aluminum straightedge has soft, rubber grip edges for enhanced comfort
and control when lifting the blade over drawings.
- Straightedge can travel within 1/4" of the top and bottom edges of the
board to maximize usage of the entire board surface.
- Acrylic blade is 2.5mm thick and features inking edges to minimize
- Large, comfortable carry handle with rubber grip.
- Durable particle board with smooth, white Melamine surface is a strong
- Folding steel legs establish a comfortable working angle and include
rubber-dipped feet to prevent scratching.
- Three small PXBs have 3" legs while three large PXBs have 5" legs.
DraftingSteals offers a complete line of Alvin drawing boards that include the PXB boards and their replacement parts.
Alvin PXB Drafting Board with Parallel Bar
PXB Series Packaging: includes a step-by-step operation and maintenance instruction sheet, with the same information printed on a label on the back of each PXB. Each board is carefully packaged in a heavy duty carton with reinforced corners and center support.
Limited 1 Year Warranty: Alvin & Company warrants its PXB Boards to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from date of purchase for the original owner. Should service be required by reason of any defect or malfunction, Alvin will repair, provide replacement parts, or at its discretion, replace the product without charge subject to verification of the defect or malfunction. This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. It does not cover products that have been damaged by negligence, misuse, or accident or which have been modified or repaired by unauthorized persons. Coverage is at Alvin’s discretion, subject to verification. Please call Alvin customer service or DraftingSteals for details.
Alvin PXB Drafting Board with Parallel Bar Comparison Sheet
vs Martin Universal & MacPherson Drafting Boards
- PXB aluminum straightedge has soft, rubber grip edges for enhanced
comfort and control. Theirs only have ridges. The rubber grip is much
better for lifting the blade over drawings to prevent smudging
- PXB board has a large, comfortable carry handle with rubber grip.
Theirs have small, plastic handles
- PXB adjustment knobs are made from hard rubber and generously sized for
comfort and control. Their knobs are made from plastic and steel, and some
have sharp uncomfortable edges
- PXB acrylic blade is 2.5 mm thick and includes inking edges to minimize
smudging. Their blades are only 1.5 mm thick and do not have inking edges
- PXB straightedge can travel within ¼” of the top and bottom edges of the
board. This maximized usage of the entire board surface. Their
straightedges can only get within 3/4" of the top and bottom edges
- PXB straightedge has two brake mechanisms, one on each end, for secure,
positive locking. Theirs have only one brake
- PXB wire capture knobs under the board have built-in screw stops to
prevent the knobs from falling off accidentally. Their knobs have no stops
and are frustrating to reassemble when they come apart
- PXB 3 largest have long, folding legs for a better working angle. Their
boards use the same short legs for all sizes.
- PXB won't scratch the table it's placed on because it rests on 4 rubber
feet. Their boards rest on bare metal when used in the flat position
- PXB board thickness is 16 mm for all 6 PXB sizes. Their thickness is
only 12 mm, which is more fragile and easier to break
- PXB blade has fine tune adjustment knobs on both sides. Theirs have
only 1 knob for fine tuning.
You May Also Like
MFG Part #: PXB21
Regular price: $110.00
Sale price: $74.21
MFG Part #: PXB24
Regular price: $119.00
Sale price: $80.28
MFG Part #: PXB26
Regular price: $123.00
Sale price: $82.99
MFG Part #: PXB36
Regular price: $160.00
Sale price: $107.93
MFG Part #: PXB42
Regular price: $193.00
Sale price: $130.21